Friday, June 13, 2008

Too comfortable?...

What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ. Php 3:8
Rubbish... really? That's a strong statement! I want to be there.
I have recently had to ask myself these questions: Am I a friend of the world? Am I too comfortable? Are all of my neighbors too comfortable? Am I acting as if this is my home?
I look around at my neighbors. I came to realize they are doing pretty well! With their nice home, nice lawn and nice cars (also like me). It's like we are the ones supposed to be out helping others but instead we've all nestled quietly in a community together taking care of our own stuff we have acquired. I'm praying that God make me very aware of what is going on around me. That I would would have discernment and I would be able to spot evil creeping in from a mile away - instead of after it's already in! I think He's definitely showing me something here. Not to condemn anyone else or any of my neighbors but that we are not supposed to be like the world. I'm so like the world that I don't think that the non-believers around me can even tell a difference. I realized this when I was working at Newmark, actually, and decided I needed to do something purposeful with my life. Well after 5 months I ran out of savings before I found what that was and had to go back to work. God showed me 6 weeks after working at High Tech that I am supposed to go to this school of worship! And he gave me a job where I can prepare my mind and heart for His ministry! wow!
19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matt 6:19-21
So we
fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Co 4:18
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross,... Heb 12:2

half of the world lives on 2 dollars a day - we are filthy filthy filthy rich

No comments: