Friday, June 13, 2008

It's time to Simplify!

Am I missing the point? Have I put myself in the position to only care for myself? God's really been bringing this one home for me. Not in a condemning way, necessarily, but in a convicting way. I'm excited when God shows me something!
I'm beginning to realize that I have so much responsibility of my own that I have not allowed myself enough room to help others. I'm excited about this move because it will help me really evaluate what I am doing with my life and how I want to live my life. God must have known what He was doing when He sent us to this school :).
Right now I do not have the funds to hop up and go on a mission trip(s), I don't have much available income for supporting others to help the needy or to help those I know in need, AND we have acquired this nice house, big yard, and cars that we must maintain in order to take care of the blessings God has given us. I spend so much time working on the house or doing house work and working at my full time job I have just enough time to take care of me and spend time with God. Any opportunity that comes my way I would like to do but since I have acquired so many of my own responsibilities I don't have time to help others! And if I try to do both then I quench the Spirit by not spending time with God.
It's time to simplify!

When we are serving the needy we are serving God. Matt 25:31-46

43,000 orphans are born everyday - It's an emergency.

No comments: