Monday, July 14, 2008

Sin - Jesus - God

The penalty for sin is death. It's a law. Death basically means life with out God - Hell (hate to bring it up but it's the truth). In other words, because we are sinful creatures we are separated from God because God cannot be around sin - He is the opposite of sin.

2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:2

Christ came to save us from death so we may be with God. If you don't believe that Jesus came to die for you or instead of you then you don't get the benefits of eternal life. You have to die because your sin has separated you from God.

God's recently been working on my heart and making me more and more aware of people who don't know Jesus. I would never want anyone to go to Hell. God is showing me that death means eternally separated from God - a place where there is no life, no hope, no God, torment, and fire.

Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

We have to tell people about Jesus - It's a matter of life and death. I am not sure why there has to be a Hell but I know it is real and I know that souls go there. This is what I hold on to.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
It's clear that God's will is that none would perish but all may have eternal life.

2
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. John 14:2
Jesus is preparing a place for us in Heaven. I'm so thankful that Jesus has saved me.

(Expanding on God's love and goodness in another blog. I can't seem to make these short and to the point!)

No comments: