Monday, July 14, 2008

Love the Lord your God...

Recently I have been pondering this verse:

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Since it's the most important thing I am put here on the Earth to do, I thought to myself - I should really know what it means to love God. I've been seeking Him and to know Him and His heart. To walk closely with Him and understand His ways asking Him to guide me. I still wondered what it really means to love God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Well I read this verse today and it meant so much to me:

3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

AH! There it is! How do I love God? Obey His commands! I already desire to do that! This is such an answer to prayer. And I love how it says "And His commands are not burdensome." The more I walk with Him the less and less they are burdensome and the more and more I take such delight in what He teaches me! They are a delight! God wants us to live in victory and abundance of His joy. He's always looking out for our best interest.

No comments: