Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Lord is near.

The Lord is near.









Doesn't that make you want to stop what you are doing?
But do we?
I was reading in Isaiah and after reading several chapters I realized how much the Lord hates to be ignored. Here is one passage out of several:
1 I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'2 All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations- 3 a people who continually provoke me to my very face..." Isaiah 65:1
I thank God that He has so much patience with me and He pours His mercy over me. I would have given up on me a long time ago! But He loves me so much He bought me back with Jesus when my sin separated me from Him.
It also talked a lot about how the Israelites worshiped idols of wood, stone, etc. He consistently made the metaphor that they were his Bride and by doing this it is as if they prostituted themselves over and over every time they worshiped something other than Him. Putting something above our relationship with God is a HUGE offense to Him. If you're brave, I would encourage whoever reads this to read Ezekiel 16. It's a descriptive chapter on how the Israelites were so detestable to the Lord.
God desires a relationship with me and it is my responsibility to be with Him everyday. I can't afford not to and when I do I can tell a big difference in my connection with Him. When I am obedient I feel Him speaking to me and revealing Himself in everything. Let us help one another.

No comments: