Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I have to start somewhere...

Last night I was praying and reading (not because I have to but because I deeply desire to) and I heard the verse "Be still and know that I am God" I have heard that several times in my silent prayers, listening to God in my prayer closet. This time I decided to actually do it! I just sat there and thought about God. I began thinking about the greatness of God and how big He is and how big the universe is that He made -
1) Then He told me that "My fullness lives in you" wow.
2) Then He showed me all of the ways He reaches out me to speak to me and makes effort to teach me - (He speaks to me, He reveals things through His word, He reaches me through my friend Dee, Kristina, and my husband, etc.

3)Then He showed me how He "puts me" with all of my blessings. He puts me with my close friends, He puts me with my husband, He puts me with my close twin sister, He puts me with my church, He sat me right down in my chair at work at my amazing job (where I can seek Him privately at work with out feeling guilty!) He put me in my home, He even showed me how it gave Him such joy to give me a little canine friend named Molly. It gives Him great joy to bless me and care for me. He adores me. It's one thing to hear other people tell me God loves me but when God tells me it means SO MUCH MORE!
4) He told me "I bought you back with Jesus" Now there's something I can't wrap my brain around! Thank you God! I asked Him to help me understand Jesus better and be closer to Him. He keeps telling me to focus on Jesus. You got it!
5) He showed me that the Holy Spirit in my heart was His gift to me. THE BEST GIFT EVER! THANK YOU! He said "You know Me" (because of the Holy Spirit)
6) He showed me He is with me when I am hurting.

THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I asked Him what I should read in His word. I heard "Psalm 23"
Now I knew that when I flipped to that passage that I would know the scripture because Psalm 23 sounded familiar to me but I did not know exactly which passage it was. I SHOULD know but the good thing is, it's all the more a surprise when I go to read it I guess!

Psalm 23
1 A psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??! WOW!
He told me that no matter what I am going through He is always there guiding, protecting, and blessing me. "You are my beloved"
That's exactly what He told me in my prayers and listening! (above)
God guides us like a shepherd leads sheep. The shepherd knows what's best for the sheep. God asks things of us because He cares for us and loves us not to make us miserable or a slave to what is good. When we follow all of His ways is when we find our greatest joy and abundant life in Him! He came to save us not condemn us.
He also comforted me in another way. I have this fear (which He has already comforted me on before) that I'm going to loose my special closeness with Him. "...surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life". He is always in me, all I have to do is be with Him.

I have so much overflowing but I will stop here. There's no way I could say all of the things I want to say and all of the things God has put in me. I have never felt this way and I am so thankful for this Holy Spirit in my heart.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I am so happy for you and your renewed faith in our God. Ps. 46:10 is my very favorite verse and I was so excited to see that it lead you to that place of comfort. Anytime I feel disouraged in my life, I think of that verse and I am immediately comforted by the promise of God to hold me in his arms. I love you.

Aaron said...

Amber and Jeremy, we are praying for His continued guidance as you take this step together. You have found the ONLY thing that matters in this part of the journey.

Jan Meyer said...

Amber,
What an absolute joy it is to hear what God is doing in your heart and in you and Jeremy;s life and calling. I will be praying about this new journey, and ask God to continue to affirm your decisions...but even more ask God to draw near to you as you long for Him and seek Him with all of your heart...that His Spirit will continue to fill you with great joy and confidence as you surrender yourself to Him. I'll look forward to worshipping with you one day...!!!!
Colorado Springs is an awesome place...
Jan