Tuesday, March 25, 2008

God's working on me :)

People Hide from God
Gen Ch 3.
I was listening to Randy's sermon on Easter Sunday. I love to hear him preach, he spoke the truth on Sunday and I believe so many of our guests were blessed by it, as was I. At one point he mentioned how sometimes people avoid God. I had never recognized that that is what they are doing and/or that is what I sometimes do. Later that night, I felt led to Gen. ch 3. I read where Eve and then Adam both ate the forbidden fruit by the persuasion of Satan the serpent. God showed me that Adam and Eve hid from the Lord when they realized what they had done. This made me more aware of people who aren't Christians and who shut the door at any sign of spiritual talk. This has encouraged me to reach out more. And when I am avoiding God to run to Him - I have found the abundance and joy in knowing the Lord.
Isn't that cool that God showed me that?

God Knows Better Than We Do
God knew what was best for Adam and Eve. It says:
When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom,
Both Adam and Eve logically reasoned that it must be good for them even though God told them it was not. They wanted to know good and evil and be like God. They were very wrong. I think He is telling me that He has much better ideas for me and what I should do than I do and that I must trust him. I can't let reason get in the way of what God calls me to do.
Pr 3,5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Don't Worry about it!
...so then I just worry about it! That's not trusting or faith hmm...
I wonder how God feels when I worry about things. When has He not taken care of me. He says do not worry about what you will eat, drink, or wear. He feeds the birds of the air and clothes the flowers of the field - how much more will be provide for me?
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matt. 6:33

I think so many times I forget how very small my mind is and how very big God's is. I think I miss out on a lot of what God is telling me or trying to get me to do because I reason my way out of it or I worry about it. This is a toughy, because I worry about the smallest things. I was just talking to my sister about something very small and she gently in a round about sort of way suggested that God probably doesn't want me to worry about it. I was annoyed with myself that it even crept in there. I am really concentrating on my behavior and my natural tendencies. I read last night:
11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.

Think before you speak.. GEEZE!
I slipped when I began to worry about this small thing when I was speaking just to speak. God asks us to be mindful when we speak. I was speaking before I thought. The funny thing is I have been so careful about the thoughts that come into my head but when I was talking I hadn't thought about it first! Then God revealed to me this verse that He showed me last night. Isn't that cool?

No comments: